MaxIQ STEM Kit Getting Started Guide
To get your kit up and running, please watch this video Getting started video
The video refers to configuring your kit, and here is some important information to consider when configuring your kit for the internet:
- The SDG core wifi is only open to configuration for 30 seconds after powering up. Therefore, if you want to reconfigure the kit you need to reboot.
- Once configured it will connect to the last wifi credentials added. If you scroll along the screens you will see the Internet screen with the IP address it is connected to, and if it isn’t connected it will show the unit ID and password.
- If the configuration screen does not open automatically on your smart device, type "192.168.4.1" into your browser and the portal will open.
- In some organisations the free wifi is blocked from accessing some sites, so sometimes the kit is connected to Internet yet it is being blocked from the MQTT server. The code uses port 1883 and here is an explanation.
- To configure your kit, you will need the following information
To begin using your kit as an IoT device, watch these videos:
Restore "Factory Settings"
If you've been coding your core ESP32 and would like to re-install the original code, you can do so from GitHub:
- Flashing instructions on GitHub
- The latest release of firmware should be used as it will include libraries for all the sensors
- Video to take you through the process
This page is continuously updated with support materials.
Frequently Asked Questions:
This FAQ page is updated regularly.
If you would like any assistance, please mail judi @ maxiq.space
Changing the world isn't easy, and we couldn't do it alone.
A core value of MaxIQ is to be able to provide our educational resources to students around the globe, especially those who live in areas where there is a lack of educational infrastructure to support these young minds in achieving their full potential. MaxIQ wouldn't be able to fulfill our mission without support from...